Saturday, April 9, 2016

Food Trip: Aden Restaurant. My Favorite Yemeni Restaurant.




Don't get me wrong my friend. I still love to eat Pinoy foods but somehow my taste buds learned to adjust to different flavors while living in Dubai for many years. I am easy to please when it comes to food and would eat anything served on the table with gusto even when I am full. Be it Indian dish, arabic or any middle eastern cuisine.

But there is always one dish that I loved to eat more than anything else. Not only me but my family have learned to eat as well.

That is Mandi.

Mandi is a traditional dish from Yemen. Mandi is made of basmati rice, lamb or chicken and spices. There is a lot of restaurant serving Mandi dish in Dubai but there is one restaurant that I always go to everytime I wanted to eat Mandi. I go to my favorite Yemini restaurant - Aden Restaurant.

Aden restaurant is located in Dubai-Sharjah road in Al Tawoon area opposite Al Mukhtar bakery. There is enough parking in front of the restaurant but sometimes parking is difficult during lunch and dinner time. The restaurant has 2 floors. The ground floor serves as a reception counter and dining area which are divided into arabic sitting and table sitting. The second floor has the toilet and have cubicles reserves for families.
  
Being a frequent customer, the waiters already knew what we wanted to order:

 - Medium grilled fish - not spicy (you have the option to make it little spicy or spicy). You can order small or large fish.The name of the fish is Thanoor. Unfortunately I don't know the name in English.

medium grilled Thanoor fish

 - kuboos or big flat bread

kuboos or big flat bread


 - chicken mandi

chicken mandi

and one big bottle of water, I always order a can of Coke for my "burping effect" after the meal :)

While waiting for the orders we were served with a soup, their own version of salad with lemon and a bowl of spicy blended tomatoes as a sauce.

soup
salad


spicy blended tomatoes sauce

The way they grilled the fish is that they the split the Thanoor fish in half and put spicies depending on preference and baked in the oven. The chicken mandi always come with a generous portion of rice. You have to try eat the kuboos bread while it is warm because as it get cold the bread will be tough to eat. 


can you strip the fish to the bones like this? ......    :)

The restaurant always serve fresh fish. And it is all worth it for the bill of 60 aed I paid for 4 people. You can also asked for a mint tea to be served at the end of the meal. 



----------

How to get there:

If you are coming from Dubai:
- make a U turn at al Khan Bridge going back to Dubai.

If you are coming from Sharjah:
- after al Khan bridge before Mona Lisa clothing shop

Nearby Attractions:
Al Qasba




No comments:

Post a Comment