Sunday, March 1, 2020

My Dh4 Pakistani Breakfast @ Jebal Pakistan Restaurant







Let me introduce you to one of my favorite breakfast here in Sharjah, UAE. For Dh 4 ( or P 56 in today's exchange rate), you will get a Parata, a plate of egg omelet with Chana masala on the side and Halwa. 

If you are not familiar yet with this food, let me explain one by one based on how I observe and tasted it.

1. Parata - is a flatbread cooked on a hot plate in most Indian and Pakistani restaurants. I think they sprinkled some part of the flattened dough with oil to make it crunchy. It is best to eat it while it is hot.

2. Omelet - no need further explanation. But mixed with extra spices and Chili. 

3. Chana Masala - the main ingredient is Chickpeas, with a thick sauce.  It is a little spicy. There may be other ingredients that I cannot make out of the taste. Pakistan and Indians, I observed, mix a lot of spices into their dishes.

4. Halwa - is a dessert. Probably made of flour sweetened with sugar and a few nuts. 

5. Chai - it is a tea mixed with milk, cinnamon, and ginger.  Probably originating in India and popular in UAE where there are lots of Indian populations and where you can find a cafeteria in almost every corner of the street.

So just tear off a small piece of paratha and pinch the Chana masala or egg omelet with your bare hand. No need to use a spoon and fork. I prefer to eat at this cafeteria because they have chairs and tables outside. And I think breakfast with early morning sun is good for health. :) 







you can zoom in and out of the map. The restaurant is just behind Megamall in Sharjah.








No comments:

Post a Comment